A bit too lazy to visit a jeweler? Well, you can buy a diamond online. There are different varieties of diamonds. Choosing the right one may be confusing. But don’t worry. We are here to help you.
Buy a diamond online
Before buying diamonds online, you need to keep certain points in mind.
- Research – Start by exploring more into the options available. Learn about the 4Cs (carat, cut, color, clarity). Also, set your budget. This will help you in making a proper choice.
- Be clear about the specifics – When you buy online, make sure that you know what you are buying. To ensure that you know the value of the diamond, look for specifics on the 4Cs.
- Search for a grading report – Be sure that the diamond comes with an independent grading report like those provided by GIA. GIA provides an unbiased analysis of the diamond’s 4Cs. Since a diamond’s value is determined by quality, third party assessment of the 4Cs is not reliable.
- Verify the GIA report – If the diamond comes with a GIA report, you can verify the report details on Report Check. Make sure that the online product description matches the grading results.
- Laser Inscription – For security reasons, find out if the diamond’s grading report number is laser inscribed. The inscription is a personal message or a symbol for identification. Inscription is viewable under 10X magnification. The inscription makes sure that the diamond you receive matches the reports issued for it.
- Know the seller – Make sure to do a thorough research on the online retailers. You should know your seller. You should perform some quick checks on the company you’re buying your product from. When you buy your product online, make sure to look into the seller’s feedback and ratings. Determine whether the seller is providing sufficient evidence of the quality of the diamond offered for sale. Verify the photographs, grading report or the report number.
- Payment method – Go through the payment options very carefully. It is safer to pay with credit card because most credit card companies provide recourse if there is a problem with the purchase. On the other hand, payment methods like cheque or a money order can reduce your options and make your purchase a very complex procedure.
- Review the out-of-country online sites – Websites that do not have a physical existence in your country may be protected from recourse. Attempting to recover funds from that site can be frustrating.
- Diamond evaluation – Once you have the diamond in hand, go to an independent appraiser who can confirm the high quality of the diamond as suggested by the seller.
- Check the diamond in person – See the diamond with your own eyes. Determine if it’s right for you.
Online diamond purchases are not that complex. Just follow the above points and increase your chances of a secure purchase.
How to buy a diamond online
Before buying diamonds online , make sure you choose the right shape and high quality options for the 4Cs. Decide your diamond according to the occasion. Is it for a wedding? Or an engagement? Or regular use? Compare different diamonds to see which one is of better quality. Follow the simple guide below and get your favourite diamond online.
- Select your diamond shape – Choose a diamond shape according to your preference. Round brilliants are the most popular. There are other shapes like Cushion Cut or an Oval. Select a shape to narrow down your options.
- Select your Carat Weight – Choose your carat range such as 0.95 to a 1.08 or some other one. Just keep in mind that as the carat weight increases, the price also increases.
- Cut quality – This is one of the most important aspects that affect a diamond’s beauty. You should go for Excellent and Ideal cut diamonds most of the time
- Color grade range – Choose a diamond that has a white appearance. You don’t need to pay for a D or E diamond to get a colourless stone. Diamonds in the G to I range appear white but cost less. Choose your shape wisely and balance the diamond’s appearance and with the diamond’s price.
- Clarity grade – You should look for a diamond that is eye clean. This means that it should be without any blemish. Take a look at the diamond clarity choice.
- Compare similar diamonds – Compare similar stones to decide which one to buy. Consider points like polish, price and symmetry.
- Certificate verification – You should consider only GIA Certified diamonds and AGS Certified diamonds in your search for a diamond. Obtaining a diamond certificate is important.
- Expert opinion – Get an expert to review your choice. It ensures that you get the best diamond for your budget. You’ll be more confident about what you are doing.
Best place to buy a diamond online
Buying a reliable diamond online is not easy. You should choose your seller very wisely. Can’t decide which website to buy your diamond from? We have made your task easier. Below is a list of best places to buy diamonds online:
- James Allen– It is one of the best retailers for diamond purchasing. It was founded in 2006 and is one of the giants of diamond online shopping. It uses diamond display technology to show it’s diamonds. You can view the diamond with 360 degree detailed rotation. James Allen offers 24 hours customer care support. JA service agents also provide support on-site. You can ask them anything. They make shopping easier for you. Visit here.
- Blue Nile – It is one of the largest diamond retailers in the world. It was established on the internet in the year 1999. The best thing about them is their reliability. All the products on the website come with videos. You can compare two similar diamond types. It’s diamonds come with GIA and AGS certification. You can find different diamond shapes here. There is a section for creating your own piece of jewellery also.(source)
- Brian Gavin Diamonds – You can find a large section of ideally cut diamond here. They use discounts to attract new customers. There are a lot of good reviews about this company. It has diamonds graded mostly by AGS. They have a good variety of round diamonds and also other shapes. There is also a great customer service which is always available to help customers.
- Abe Mor Diamond cutters – The best thing about this company is that it lets you buy as well as sell diamonds. All the diamonds on this website are certified through the GIA diamond certification lab. Their diamonds are quite affordable.
- Leibish & CO – They have a collection of fancy and collective diamonds. They have AGS and GIA certified diamonds. They also have a great customer service which can help you anytime.
- Whitelash – It is a very respectable brand when it comes to diamond cutting and selling services. There is a wide range of diamond – related products, starting from engagement and wedding rings to the finest diamond jewellery. All the diamonds are certified with AGS or GIA.
- Victor Canera – It works as some sort of DIY diamond company. There are many diamond shapes available. Diamond personalisation is very prominent on this site. It sells diamonds certified by both GIA and AG.
- Forevermark – It is one of the jewelry brands in India from De Beers. The brand gives you natural and hand – selected diamonds.
Buy diamond jewellery online
There is nothing more precious than a diamond in the world of jewellery. There is a wide range of diamond jewellery that you can buy online. Here is a list of some of them:
- Diamond earrings studs
- Nose stud
How to buy real diamond online
Wondering how you will differentiate between a real and fake diamond? Well, this is not a very difficult task. Following is a list of things you should know for buying a diamond:
- Familiarise yourself with the language of diamonds. Research about the 4Cs which stand for cut, color, clarity and carat.
- You should be aware that diamond certification matters if you are buying a diamond online. A certification serves as insurance in case the diamond turns out to be fake. You should always buy diamonds that are AGS and GIA certified.
What is GIA and AGS?
GIA – GIA stands for Gemological Institute Of America. The report gives a full assessment of diamond quality and the 4Cs. GIA is responsible for the development of some of the best diamond jewellery.
AGS – It uses a unique numerical grading system to assess diamond color, clarity and cut. It is one the most consistent lab grading entities.
- Buy your diamond from a reputable online retailer.
You need to remember the above points before you buy a diamond online.
Buying a diamond online is quite beneficial. Prices are lower due to the tough competition. Sellers try to sell their diamonds at the best possible price. Also, you can find the largest collection online. Buying a diamond online saves your time as the process is super quick.
You are all set to buy a diamond online. Just keep in mind the relevant points mentioned above.
There are many places you can trust to buy diamond earrings. Some of the famous ones are James Allen, Blue Nile, Whiteflash, Leibish and Co. They offer GIA and AGS certified diamonds.
Try to buy your diamond from a reputable seller online. Make sure that the seller is selling GIA or AGS certified diamonds. It is absolutely safe to buy online if you keep these points in mind.
1 carat diamond is equal to 200 milligrams or 0.2 grams.
You can perform several home tests to find out if a diamond is real. One of them is to place the diamond in front of your mouth and fog it up with your breath. If the fog stays for a few seconds, then the diamond is fake. A real diamond does not fog up easily.
A certificate is necessary for the independent verification of a diamond’s quality. You cannot be sure about what you are buying without a certificate.
Diamonds have resale value but it is always lower than the retail price.